Idol lash can really enhance your eyelashes along with the beautiful features of your face. The fullness of the lips, the color of your eyes and the shape of the nose they all add up to make you the beautiful person that you are. That’s why even subtle changes to those features can dramatically enhance your look. No wonder people go for botox to get their lips fuller or have surgeries to get the nose shape more defined. For those who do not want to change the looks that nature has given them, there are ample makeup techniques available for contouring and making your eyes prominent too.
Your lashes are features that really enhance your eyes. Elongated, curved ones have long been considered a sign of rare and exquisite beauty, and are very eye catching too. That is why beauty parlors often use falsies as part of their makeup regime, because, let’s face it, most of us mere mortals do not have those beautiful, full ones that writers and poets have often described as a sign of a rare splendor.
However, most of us would prefer if instead of using falsies, we could grow our eyelashes naturally. This is because that would be natural, and a permanent feature of our face. And it would save us the hassle of sticking and removing the fake lashes again and again. It would also save cost in buying a new pair of fake lashes every now and then, which are by no means cheap! Also, the process of putting on and removing false eyelashes is itself damaging to the natural lashes and causes them to come off as well.
What Is Idol Lash?
It’s a growth serum that promises to deliver within a few weeks what you’ve been looking for your whole life. And what is their promise? Their promise is visibly darker, longer and thicker eyelashes just like you wanted! Because of what it does is to enhance the growth of your lashes, it can be used for your eyebrows as well. The manufacturer is a company called Pacific Naturals. The company was founded in 2002.
There have been numerous clinical trials performed to show that it indeed thickens your eyelash hair. The growth percentages carried out in these trials are reported to be as high as 72% in 42 days.
How To Use It
It needs to be applied once a day just like you would apply your eyeliner. This is an eyelash conditioner, and can also be applied while wearing eyelash extensions. The manufacturers claim that density of them increases by 82% in as little as two to four weeks. It’s also safe and non-irritating even for sensitive eyes. It’s a simple three-step process:
- Use a cleaner to remove any traces of makeup from the eyes
- Apply it at the base of the lashes like a mascara
- Leave it on while you sleep so it can do its work
Let’s take a look at the ingredients:
- The manufacturers claim this to be the backbone of their product, as it helps accelerate growth right at the root. It’s used to treat baldness and it also has benefits for growing your eyelashes.
- This extract is used as a source of vitamins A, C and E and K4. However, more evidence is required to confirm this.
- Honey extract contains many vitamins and minerals and is extensively used in homemade and commercial products for healthy and nourished hair. It makes the follicles soft and protects them against dry weather.
- Chamomile refers to daisy-like plants, and this term encompasses a wide range of different species of the similar plants. This is an ancient medicinal herb, used for healing wounds, and its therapeutic properties are well known throughout the world. It has many antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- This extract is used as a homeopathic medicine to cure skin wounds with its antibiotic properties, and is used in tonics and anti-dandruff treatments.
- Kelp is a whole food that contains vitamin B, folic acid and vitamin A. The extract concentrates all these nutrients to give you the nourishment you need
- Folic acid is useful for generation of new cells in our bodies
- Contains skin firming properties which prevent puffy and saggy skin
- It also helps regulate the thyroid gland in your body
- A component called laminaria angustate is used to make your hair denser
Wheat germ acid
- Wheat germ is actually the small center part of a wheat kernel and is loaded with nutrients. It’s packed with carbohydrates and proteins (an essential for hair growth) along with vitamin A, B, and E and minerals like potassium, iron, and calcium. It boosts the immune system and has anti-aging properties, and one of its suggested usages is to treat receding hairlines. It also plays a big role in cell metabolism.
Jojoba seed oil
- This oil has been used for centuries to give nourishment to dull and damaged hair. It is extracted from the nuts of an American shrub.
- Being quite close to its properties to sebum, it acts as a natural conditioner.
- It works like a carrier oil for other essential oils
- It operates as a moisturizer because being a waxy substance, it locks in moisture into the skin.
- It’s an emollient, and it acts as a skin soother, and to unclog follicles, which are conducive to healthy development. Jojoba oil has been extensively used by people suffering from hair loss.
- Jojoba oil can be used for chapped lips, dry hands, feet and hair.
This is the short form for Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, an ingredient derived from coconut oil, which is commonly used in cleansing products, shampoos and tonics. It helps water stick to the dust and oil on your face so that it can be washed away.
Ordering from the official website will cost you the following rate:
- Buy 1 pack for $39.95.
- Buy 2 packs for $69.95 which saves you approximately $10.
- For 3 packs, you get one free and the total cost is $119.95. This saves you $39.85.
- For 4 packs, you get 2 free at a total price of $159.95. You save $79.75.
When you open their website, the free shipping option appears and you can avoid those charges. Sometimes, they will offer you a free trial so be sure to take advantage of it.
There is a 90-day money return guarantee, but that is only for the unused and unopened bottle. Opened products will not be accepted. Furthermore, a $10 restocking fee can be charged. For further information, call on their US and International number: 818-303-9260
Ordering from within the United States, the estimated delivery time is between 4 to 10 business days and international orders will be delivered within 14 to 21 business days. They advise you to contact them if your bottle hasn’t arrived after 21 days. Also, please be very careful while filling out the form. If you, unfortunately, happen to enter the wrong address, and they have to reship the package, you will be charged an extra amount for that.
Positive & Negative Reviews
There are positive and negative views from users, which may leave people in doubt as to the credibility of this product. For some users, it has made a genuine change for their lives and their facial appearance. One user said it took few weeks to see the results while another said that it took 3-4 months; but the results were there nonetheless, as there was a significant transformation. Most of its users have become regulars.
Although there are concerns that the lashes go back to their less dense state if they stop using it. And some people wonder if Idol Lash is a scam. However, one user said that over a long time usage she could reduce the application frequency from daily to every other day, and thus make it last longer. The before and after pictures of lashes also show a significant change. There are no reports of harming the eyes while applying this serum. Better results are guaranteed with longer use.
Now let’s move on to the negative reviews. There have been complaints about the product efficacy, as people said it didn’t really work for them and they did not notice a significant change. Yet another person complained about the product irritating her eyes. Some others called it a waste of their money. As mentioned before, there are issues with long-term efficacy, because the lashes go back to their old selves after discontinue used. But that holds for all products, including fairness creams and anti-dandruff shampoos.
There have also been reports of credit cards being charged automatically and being sold unauthorized bottles. However, the website mentions inside the ‘Terms and Conditions’ section that while enrolling in the membership, you basically agree to have the product at the ‘trial product’ cost till that period, and afterward, you will be charged the full retail price. You will basically have to call them up to cancel otherwise, they can even use third party collection efforts. I think it is better to go through the terms and conditions listed on any website before ordering their products.
The clinical trial and positive reviews from users show that this eyelash enhancer works. However, just as with anything else, you cannot satisfy everyone, the same exists for this product. It needs a daily application, at least initially, and the results are not immediate. Using it requires patience. But that patience could lead to miracles. To each, his own is the proverb I’d apply here I guess. However, the promise made by this product is too tantalizing to ignore. Too many users have reported benefits and it has virtually no side effects.
So I guess a trial to test the promised miracle is a small price to pay. And then you’ll know for sure whether it works or not.
You can see more in the video review below: